The Top 15 Exclusive Topics for a Compare and Contrast Essay
In some ways a compare and contrast essay is one of the easiest to create. You take two related activities or ideas and then list the qualities of each showing what happens when you compare and contrast them. On the surface that sounds like something fairly easy provided of course that you choose the right objects or ideas to be the subject of your essay.
As always if you are passionate about or have a good background knowledge about one or both of the topics then you are likely to write with far more enthusiasm and detail. But whatever issues go into your compare and contrast essay, you need to spend time on the outline. You will have an outline or plan for your essay anyway but particularly so with this type of essay.
Make a list of the various points you intend to make. Then organize them into an order of priority. You will have one main issue that really shows off the difference between the two ideas and this should be your lead point. You go for the knockout punch at the beginning of your first fact paragraph. Then as the essay develops you introduce each new point and always leading with the next most important one. The idea of this is that every point you then make reinforces the one that has gone before it. It's a structural process which you need to get right. And if you're short of ideas for compare and contrast essay topics, here is a selection which might trigger your imagination. If one almost appeals then try brainstorming or adapting it to make sure it is the ideal topic for you.
- The differences between weeds and flowers.
- Compare a school bully with a country’s dictator
- The differences between your best friend and your worst enemy.
- How did the early explorers differ from today’s astronauts?
- What are the differences between someone with great wealth and a homeless person?
- Compare an exam to going to the dentist.
- What are the differences between making a mud pie and an apple pie?
- Would you rather be afraid or bored?
- Do you prefer watching a movie in a cinema or at home?
- Do you prefer cats to dogs?
- Do you prefer winter or summer?
- Compare your favourite with our least favourite school subject.
- Compare two contrasting styles of music.
- Do you prefer to read books or eBooks?
- What are the differences between your two favourite sports?
Professional essay writing service - EssayMill.com - get your essays written by expert essay writer.